Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, March 09, 2017

Can we get real?

First off a big congratulations to the winner of FOUR tickets to the Mom, Pop & Tot Fair:

Christine B!!!

I will be emailing you the details today! Thanks to everyone who entered! There is still time to enter to win FOUR tickets to The Edmonton Home & Garden Show. Enter here.

I look like this right now – except I have shorter hair.

I know it’s only 8:15 pm but I feel like it’s 1 am. I used to start my party-filled evening at this time and now I’m ready for bed. How did I get so old? I am freaking exhausted and I still need to blog. Arrrrrrgh.

James my two-year-old has been in bed for an hour and I’m still wiped out. Tim (husband) had today off but we filled it with errands. And now as I sit here to blog, I’m soooooo tired. It’s not like I don’t have awesome ideas for a post, I just am too tired to do any of them. So here we are.

When I first came back to blogging after a two year hiatus due to health challenges, I wrote that this time around my blog is going to talk about real life. So here I am walking the walk instead of just talking the talk. 

Lately I haven’t felt motivated, am on a very restrictive diet for health reasons, am dragging my sorry butt out of bed each day, and feeling like I’m on some sort of treadmill or going through the motions. I gave up shopping for Lent and am trying to spend more time with God. So far so good. I’m hoping to get my fire back soon but am not sure when that will be. 

I often feel guilty for taking a break. I feel that I’m only as good as what I get accomplished. I have to drill into my head that I’m a Child Of God and as such I don’t have to do a darn thing to be loved.

So I am trying to carve our more time for me. I’m watching Riverdale on Netflix, taking baths, drinking tea, looking at all the cool fashion items for spring, singing solos at church, planning my summer vacation, focusing on all the blessings in my life, reading, and spending more snuggle time with James. I want to start meditating but I find it so hard to sit still!

Do you guys struggle with setting aside “me time”? What do you do to nourish your soul? Let’s get the discussion started in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.