A big congratulations to our two prize winners of the Zombomb bath products. The winner of the four bath bombs package is Joy! The winner of the bath salts is Cristina! I will be emailing both of you soon to get your mailing addresses so I can send you your prizes. Thanks to everyone who entered. Sad you didn’t win? We have another great international giveaway that just started for a wonderful full-sized bubble necklace, a leaf necklace, two earrings, and a cocktail ring. You can enter here. Taking a page from the legend Diana Vreeland’s “Why Don’t You?” column from Bazaar, it’s time for a “Why Don’t You?” Thursday! Here are twenty things I think you should seriously consider doing.
…try one of the fall fashion trends?
…try one of the fall make-up trends?
…create a fashion bucket list – things you wish to buy before you die?
…create a style board? Go through magazines and clip out anything that inspires you stylewise – it doesn’t have to be clothing or accessories. Then make a collage on a bulletin board with your findings.
…try on a style that you never thought would look good on you? Who knows? It might look great! …try on a colour you never thought would look good on you?
…learn to shop on eBay? This is my go to place for one-of-a-kind finds and great deals without having to leave my house.
…get friends together for a clothing/accessory swap? With the recession, this is a great way to get new-to-you stuff without paying a dime.
…do some fall closet cleaning/organizing and donate your clothes to charity?
…feed your dog some bacon? Zeke – get off my computer!! Your article isn’t until tomorrow!
…get a makeover? Enlist the help of a friend or head to your nearest cosmetics counter for a free makeover.
…try a new hairstyle? Head to your library and check out the hairstyle magazines, or hit the internet and see what the stars are doing, then go to your trusted hairdresser.
…try a new haircolour? Do blondes have more fun? Are redheads truly spicy? Find out by changing your colour. If you don’t like it, you can always go back to your original colour.
…take your clothes that don’t fit properly to a tailor? Nothing cheapens an outfit faster than clothes that do not fit.
…try on a pair of shoes you would never buy? If you mostly buy heels – try on flats and vice versa. …buy a statement necklace? Chunky necklaces are in right now.
…put together a bunch of outfits (including accessories), take photos of them and display the photos on the back of your closet door? These can be your go-to outfits when you are having a “I don’t have anything to wear” day.
…wear red lipstick? EVERYONE can wear red lipstick. You just need to find the shade that is right for you.
…go shopping with a friend who has a different style than you and buy something she suggests? …check out a thrift shop? I have found great stuff at Value Village, Goodwill, Salvation Army Thrift Store, etc.
…check out a consignment store? Designer ones are a great place to get that piece for your wardrobe that you could never afford brand new.
Let me know what you do and how it works out for you!
Our post on Halloween costumes was chosen as one of ifb’s Links à la Mode for the week of October 31st! Do yourself a favour and check out the other great links shown below from wonderful bloggers.
Creatures of the Night
The first of the “Holidays” is finally here. Halloween. While everyone has their favorite holiday, Halloween is special for fashion lovers. You can be anything you want for an evening, dress up, freak out, and party down. If you put off your costume until now, this special roundup has excellent last-minute costume and DIY ideas. Some of my personal best costumes have come literally 45 minutes before I headed out for the night. Of course you’ll be wanting to take good care of your skin through all the costuming, with great tips for night skincare, Halloween beauty you can wear all year and when you’re out late tonight, you’ll want to speed up your routine tomorrow morning.
Live well, be safe, and have a wonderful Halloween!
Links à la Mode: October 31st
- All That Glitters: DIY Minnie Mouse
- Alysalovely: 10 Easy Costume Ideas Using 3 Pieces You Already Have
- Burgundy Whispers: Night Time Skincare Routine
- Clothes But Not Quite: Still Scared About Not Having A Halloween Costume?
- DressCode:HighFashion: 10 Black & Orange High Fashion Looks for Halloween 2013
- Empathetically Elle: DIY Flapper Costume
- Fashion Trends & More: How to Incorporate Cat Prints & Motifs into Your Wardrobe
- Happy Pretty Sweet: A Brief History of the Twinset
- Incognito: Thoughts on racism on the catwalks
- Kiri Yanchenko: Do It Yourself Tokyo Street Style
- Lara Lizard: Pirate be ye? Arr!
- Late Night Minutes: DIY Wonder Woman halloween costume
- Moi Contre La Vie: Workwear: Business Casual Staples
- Sannam and Style: Green Halloween – Body Con Dress and Green Booties
- Sobbing on Fifth: Speed Up Your Morning Routine`
- Storybook Apothecary: 6 Cute & Cheap DIY Halloween Costume Ideas!
- Versatile Journal: CODE #000000
- Walking Talking Style: 4 Ways to Wear a Flannel Shirt this Fall/Winter
- Wild Beauty: Every Day is Halloween: Makeup Tricks for Year-Round
- Wishing for Chanel: Halloween costumes for the fashion conscious 2013
SPONSOR: Shopbop Men’s Arc’Teryx Veilance, MCM, Hudson+Bleeker, Morning Warrior, Ela Bags, Coast-Wide, Micah Cohen, Sarah Magid, Nina Ricci, Latest from East Dane