Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, September 16, 2016

Friday's Faux Paw

010Even Joelle is guilty of this faux paw and I have to remind her of it quite often. I’m speaking of ugly nails. You know the kind – dirty, broken, different lengths, ragged hang nails, dry cuticles etc. In a recent book I read – How to Look Expensive – A Beauty Editor’s Secrets to Getting Gorgeous Without Breaking the Bank by Andrea Pomerantz Lustig, the author talks about how important nails are if you want to look good. I was reminded that I definitely need to get mine clipped again. So here’s the lowdown:

Use cuticle remover once a month to gently push cuticles back.

Use a nail brush to wash the dirt out.

File in one direction (not the the rock group) so nails will not shred.

Paint nails so they will be stronger. I suggest a light colour so when they chip they will not be as noticeable.

Or give nail shellac a try. CND has a great product for about $12 called VINYLUX which is a polish system that lasts a week without a base coat. You don’t need a UV machine because exposure to natural light hardens it. 

Or if you have lots of money, head to a nail salon and get gel nails. Be prepared for some upkeep as you’ll have to go in for fills every three or so weeks.

Still sporting ugly nails? This is my rating:

2-poop-star

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.