Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Summer Trends That Will Take You Into Fall

I don’t want to use the f word, but fall is on its way. Here in my spot in Canada, we blink and summer is over. Our fall is almost non-existent before there is snow on the ground. Basically we have eight months of winter. I like wearing my clothes lots so I get a good bang for my buck. So here are some trends that you can wear now that will still look great when the weather gets a bit chillier.

Lace Up Flats

These babies have been everywhere all summer long but no need to retire them once fall hits. Grab some jeans, a sweater, hat, and cute scarf and finish the look with a pair of these popular shoes. If you want to add more lace ups to your collection, why not choose a velvet or suede pair in a deep wine?

floral top capri pants

Off Shoulder Shirts

You might want to retire the sleeveless ones, but if you have long-sleeved off shoulder tops, then pair them with some cords and a scarf and you’re ready for fall! If you’re someone who’s into religion-related clothing, check out this great faith over fear shirt.

off shoulder top white jeans

Jumpsuits And Rompers

Wear some cute ankle boots and throw on a jean jacket over your favourite jumpsuit and you can keep wearing it into fall. As for rompers (which have shorts), be bold and put on some tights, boots, and a jacket so you don’t get too chilly.

tropical print romper jumpsuitYou can still wear me, Joelle! Ditch the heels and add a jean jacket and some ankle boots.

Pom Poms

You’ll have to ditch the pomp pom sandals and cover-up, however if you have a romper, shirt, or dress with pom poms, just make it seasonably appropriate the ways I suggested previously.

pom pomTaken from Missguided Website

Tasseled Earrings

They are clearing them out right now pretty much everywhere (got a pair for a dollar at H&M) so if you didn’t have a pair this summer I say buy them now. I’m definitely going to rock my turquoise pair with white jeans, a T-shirt, and a military jacket this fall.

s-l225From H&M (no longer on website)

Funky Sunnies

We still get a lot of sun here in fall, so I will be wearing my sunglasses. I loved seeing all the different and unique pairs this summer and realized I badly needed to up my sunglass game. (Only two pairs?!? What was I thinking???) So I fixed that by ordering three pairs on Amazon. Received my leopard print sunnies, and gorgeous mirrored pink ones, but still waiting on my black octagonal ones.

sunniesLove at first sight!

Hope this helps you get ready for fall! Is there anything I’ve missed? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.