Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, August 07, 2014

Best Make Up For Under $5

I don’t believe that better make up is to be had by spending more money. There are crappy expensive products, really great cheap ones and vice-versa. I was blessed to find some really great make up this summer that also came with a small price tag! So here are my picks:

Essence Stays No Matter What Eye Pencil & Shadow

csm_74936_1f61b674e6-horz

When I saw these at the store, I fell in love with the colours. I ended up buying Blazing Black, Cute Copper, and Green Garden. At the cheap price of $3 each, I was amazed at how long-lasting these are! They don’t budge until you use make up remover to take them off. It takes a bit of skill to use them as liner though as they have a very thick tip, but that’s how I’ve been using them. Can’t wait to try them as shadow.

NYC City Proof Twistable Intense Lip Colour

Twistables-Color-copy

Ever since Clinique came out with their Chubby Sticks, other companies are trying to make lip crayons. Some have failed but NYC gets a huge pass from me.  I even like their $3 version better than Rimmel’s Colour Rush Balm at $6. NYC’s version applies way better, feels more moisturizing, and lasts longer. And at half the price of Rimmel’s version (and WAY less than Clinique’s Chubby Stick at $19), I want to collect them all!

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear

page

I love nail polish but I’m way too lazy to do three coats every time I paint my nails. I was super glad to find this nail polish by Sally Hansen which only needs one coat! I was skeptical because it was so cheap – only $3 a bottle compared to my beloved OPI which is $10 to $13 a bottle. But after trying it, the one coat thing sold me and the fact that it dries really quickly. And fifty-one shades are available so I’m certain you’ll find more than one to your liking. I will definitely be getting more colours.

Essence Cookies & Cream Blush In Cakepop That’s Top

csm_7816701537_345c1d79da

Yes Essence has made my list twice because this blush is ah-maz-ing! It is highly pigmented, applies like a dream, and stays put throughout the day. And the colour? Swoon! A nice coral flush that looks naturally beautiful on all skin types. This blush is a limited edition one just brought out for summer so run, don’t walk to your nearest Shopper’s Drug Mart and buy it! You only need $4 to grab one!

NYC HD Metro Trio Eyeshadow

263ade8a011853ea893227e7a51aa540

NYC was mentioned earlier in this post for having great lipstick, but they also have some wonderful eye shadow as well. For $3 you can get a trio of long wearing, pretty colours. With so many beautiful options and the great price I could’ve bought more than one. I ended up buying Streets Paved in Gold and have not been disappointed. The only drawback for these trios is that I didn’t see any matte shadows in the collection which is a shame. I still highly recommend these trios though but for us older people make sure that the shadow is not accentuating any fine lines you may have on your eyelids or you will look older than you are.

Hope these products have helped you to make smart decisions when you find yourself at the drugstore! Do you have any to add to my list?

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.