Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, September 26, 2011

Bad vs Good Products

I’m ready to dish about the five worst products I’ve tried lately. I will also suggest something better to spend your money on as well.
Just for Men Autostop Haircolour
This product claims to “shut off” at your target hair colour. What a load of crap! It made my test subject’s hair way darker than his natural colour. Plus, it came out of his hair after each shampoo all over the towel and coloured his hair unevenly. Men – do not buy this just because it has a man on the package. Women’s hair colour is far more superior and available in more shades. Try Clairol Natural Instincts Haircolour instead for way better results! You can always pretend you’re buying it for a girlfriend.

Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara & Lash Enhancer Mascara

This product claims to help “lashes grow stronger while visibly adding length and volume”. Once again crap. I used it for an entire month and saw no difference in my lashes whatsoever. It also was a pain to use with its comically oversized brush. In the lengthening and volume department, I had to work at my lashes longer than usual and the result was not worth the effort. Severly disappointed. Instead I will continue to use my CoverGirl VolumeExact Mascara which is easier to use with way better results.

Vaseline Sheer Infusion With Stratys 3

This product claims to be different than all other moisturizers because of Stratys 3. And what’s this whole Stratys 3 thing? Well according to their website, “Stratys-3™ is an effective patented moisturizing complex, combining three powerful ingredients that infuse and suspend moisture across all layers of skin*– the top, the core, and deep down.” I found this hand lotion to be just okay at moisturizing my super dry hands. The major downsides are that it washes off easily, you have to re-apply all the time, and the smell is atrocious – picture the smell of a senior’s face cream. Luckily I found No-Crack Super Hand Cream from Restoration Hardware. It comes in unscented as well as many wonderful different scents – my favourite is Sweet Orange. A little goes a long way and I just apply it in the morning and before bed. It has done wonders for my dry hands.

Bonne Bell Eye Define Set

This eye liner product claims to “never skip or drag”. Well, it did both of these things and also barely deposited any colour. I’ll be sticking with my Wet n’ Wild coloricon eye liner which glides on easily with a rich deposit of colour and lasts all day.


Revlon Nail Enamel

This product promises to give “up to 10 days of lasting color & shine”. How about 3 days if you’re lucky? And that was on my toes! I will always be seen using one of my two favourite nail polishes – OPI Nail Laquer or the less expensive (and just as good in my opinion) Sinful Colors Nail Polish.

Hope you find this helpful. See you Wednesday!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.