Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, July 31, 2014

How To Pack Light

I just was in Saskatoon for five days recently. It was out first trip with our newborn son James. Zeke was looked after by our roommate. Even though the drive took seven hours instead of the usual five and half to get there (due to two diaper changes and feeding stops) it was a really great drive. It was so nice to get out of the city for awhile and to introduce James to my parents, my sister’s family, my brother’s family, and some of my friends. Now I am a total clotheshorse and normally pack like I’m going away for three months instead of five days. This has always bugged me about myself so I thought, “Why not try something new?” So I did! I decided to only bring eight pieces and two pairs of shoes on my holiday. While that may not seem like a lot of clothes, I could create ten different outfits! Let’s see what I brought.

Blazer

IMG_1226

Cardigan

IMG_1225

White Tank Top

IMG_1218

T-Shirt

IMG_1223

Skirt

IMG_1220

Shorts

IMG_1228

Jeans

IMG_1231

Dress

IMG_1217

Here are outfits I created. NOTE: I only used the one pair of shoes in all of the shots because I had to get the photos done quickly (see why here).

Blazer Combos

IMG_1233-tilecombo

Cardigan Combos

IMG_1245-tilecombo2

Wild Card Pairings – These combos didn’t fall under either category.

IMG_1263-horzcombo3

And finally the shoes:

IMG_1281

Tim and I just got the last shot done in time, because our sweet baby James decided to wake up. I noticed that he too was wearing neon so we took this pic:

IMG_1313

Neon buddies! It truly wasn’t intentional that’s why it’s funny.

Now if you’ve read my blog before, you’ll know I love outtakes from shoots because hey, no one is perfect – especially animals and children. So here they are:

                            Got your chin!                                          Billy Idol playing air guitar.

IMG_1296-tileouttakes

                          Drunk Baby                                                       WAAAAAAAAH!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.