Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tuesday's OOTW - The #Yeggies!

Yes I should’ve had this posted last Tuesday, but as blogging isn’t my full-time job and last week was hectic, today will have to do.

Our blog had the pleasure of being nominated for Best In Style & Fashion at the Yeggies which took place on Friday May 9th. “Yeg” is the abbreviation for Edmonton which is the city I live in. The Yeggies “is an awards show designed to highlight some of the amazing talent we have here in Edmonton — from people who code websites themselves, to those who write, speak, draw, all on their own time. Yeggies recipients inspire, evoke, inform, educate and entertain us, and they do it because they have a passion for it.” (Taken from the Yeggie website.) So a Yeggie is a social media type of award. 

Unfortunately we didn’t win, but I went to the awards show on behalf of Zeke. Even though I tried to convince the organizers of the show that my co-blogger would be on his best behavior and is already wearing a tux, they wouldn’t bend the rule of “no dogs allowed.” Also I got sooooooo many compliments on my outfit. Maybe it was because I was the only one wearing a jumpsuit? This surprised me as jumpsuits are a great alternative to pants, skirts, or dresses. They are everywhere this spring so why not try one yourself?

I wanted to look great and create a peacock inspired eye so I broke out my never used Stila Daydream Eye Shadow Palette.

Daydream (4)

Image taken from Midnight Violets blog. Can also find swatches and review there as well.

I headed over to Pinterest and used the following photo as inspiration to create my peacock eye:

5d20ccd8d1d7539b88834dfeeb3bf6bc

I’m bummed out that I didn’t take  close-up photo of how it turned out, because it looked great! This photo will have to do:

IMG_0423crop

Another thing I am bummed out about is that I totally forgot to take a full-length shot of my outfit. So I threw my outfit on today and got some shots of it. They will all be headless as I’m too lazy not willing to do my hair and make-up again.

Earrings $4 Ardene (similar) // Jumpsuit $20 Suzy Shier (similar) // Cuff $9 eBay // Purse $25 eBay // Shoes $30 Army & Navy (in stores now)

IMG_0461

IMG_0453

IMG_0468

And now for some shots from The Yeggies:

14001049247_ddba0db436_o

My good looking Bugsmand and I.

10351608_10154172970715078_4593534662848609794_n

And Lincoln from the vlog YEGventures

Have you ever been to an award show? Please share your experiences.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.