Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, January 23, 2014

New Year, New You!

WordleNow that the holidays are over and the new year is well under way, it’s a time for many of us to rethink our lives. For some it will mean losing weight while for others it will mean tackling a disorganized closet. For me personally it means reevaluation of my spiritual life, my relationships, my possessions, and a general reassessment of what’s working and what’s not in my life. So far I have spent time with God each day, had my Mom come for a visit from Saskatoon, had lunch with a friend, cleaned my bedroom (Thanks for the help, Mom!), donated a garbage bag full of clothes I no longer need, assembled a three tiered cake stand and organized my bracelets on it, made some wicked peanut butter cookies, and written some blog entries. I still have many other things planned, but will keep chipping away until I meet my goals.

Sooooooooo, what about you? Do you have some projects or ideas you wish to implement in 2014? If you want to get started to change your life for a better but are unsure where to start, here are some ideas to get you on the right track:

Volunteer

Many people only think of volunteering during the Christmas or Lent season. But throughout the year there are many opportunities to help your fellow man. You could shovel someone’s walk, help out at an event, serve food to the hungry, babysit for some new parents, help a student with her homework – the possibilities are endless.

Take A Course

Ever wanted to learn to knit, blog, sew, garden, take photos, etc? Then look around your community for a course. Not only will it get you out of the house, you will also meet like-minded people and possibly start new friendships. Oh yeah, and you will learn something.

Clean Out Your Closet

The clutter that you never wear is actually keeping you from the clothes you would look awesome in. So get rid of the things you no longer need. If you are unsure as to how to do this, check out my post called The Ten Step Closet Purge. Then donate them so someone can love them as much as you used to!

Get That New Make-Up Item, Haircut, Outfit Etc.

Are you stuck in a fashion rut? Dying to try a new shade of lipstick? Have you been wanting to get that pixie cut? Now is the time! Change is scary for some (it was for me when I got my hair chopped off – read about it here), but the end result can be something wonderful. So do it! You know you want to!

So what are you planning on doing?

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.