This is a sponsored post.
I was very fortunate that CND supplied me with three beautiful Vinylux nail shades from their Summer 2014 Paradise Collection to play with – Lush Tropics (a bright matte green), Electric Orange (a bright matte orange), Bicycle Yellow (a bright yellow with yellow sparkles), and their Weekly Top Coat (Shown below. I bought the CND ScrubFresh Nail Surface Cleaner myself for $20 CAN and the artist’s brush and cotton pads are mine too.) So I gathered everything below together to create some nail art on this rainy afternoon.
If you don’t already know about CND Vinylux, here is the low-down:
– VINYLUX™ is a revolutionary weekly polish system offering durable, high-shine and week-long wear
– Innovative system includes a self-adhering Color Coat that eliminates the need for a Base Coat, and a Top Coat with new ProLight Technology, a breakthrough technology developed by CND that enhances durability with exposure to natural light over time
– In consumer testing of hundreds of manicures, more than 80 percent of clients had no chipping after 7 days
– VINYLUX™ dries completely in just 8.5 minutes compared to the standard nail polish that dries in 15-20 minutes on average
– VINYLUX currently has 76 fashion-forward polish colours to suit weekly desires, over 60 colours match popular CND Shellac™ shades, for at-home touchups and pedicures.
– VINYLUX™ removes easily with an acetone-based polish remover in just one minute
– You can buy VINYLUX™ for $11.90-$13.00 Canadian
Now it’s time for the fun!
First I moistened a cotton pad with CND ScrubFresh Nail Surface Cleaner and removed all the dirt and oil off my nails so the polish will adhere better and therefore last as long as possible. I am also enjoying my jasmine green tea which I am addicted to.
Next I painted all of my nails with Electric Orange except for the ring finger because I want it to be a different accent nail. I ended up doing three coats to make my nails really pop!
Then it was time to do my accent ring fingers with Bicycle Yellow which I also did three coats.
Now the nail art begins. I’m no nail artist by any means, but I had to try something cool. I took some plastic wrap and dotted some Lush Tropics on it. Then I grabbed my nail brush and painted some horizontal lines on the Bicycle Yellow nails.
Then I cleaned my brush off with polish remover and took some Electric Orange and dotted it on the plastic wrap. Grabbing my art brush I painted orange lines between each of the green lines.
Actually this nail art for me was super easy. You should really try it yourself!
Now to seal the deal with CND Vinlux Weekly Top Coat which adds a ton of shine and helps make your mani go the distance!
And there you go! I’m totally ready for summer now!
This was so easy and fun I will have to go shopping for more colours soon! NOTE: There are also three more colours in CND’s Paradise Collection – Sultry Sunset, Cerulean Sea, and Tango Passion shown in order below.