Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

My Review Of Zombomb - A Bath Bomb And Salt Company

734007_561716513860701_205390745_n

One lovely Saturday during July I decided to take my husband Tim to the South Common Farmer’s Market. After perusing many tables of vegetables, we came across a wonderful table full of bath products by a company called Zombomb. Of course I stopped in my tracks and had to smell everything. I got talking to the owner of the company (her name is Kathy) and she told me she used to work in the oil patch, then at Canada Post until she decided she’d like to start her own company, hence Zombomb was born! From the start Tim and I fell in love with her cute logo and of course her awesome products. Tim tried her Pineapple Mango Body Butter and thought it was great because he only had to use a small bit, it smelled wonderfully, and best of all – it was not greasy and fixed his dry hands. So he bought a cute little tub of it for $3.

What is Zombomb? A bath product company who manufactures everything here in Edmonton, Alberta Canada but will ship to wherever you are. Kathy uses quality ingredients that naturally moisturize your skin. Each large bath bomb is 3″ in diameter and her individual bags of bath salts are 250g bags instead of the teeny tiny 100g bags available in stores by other companies. For sanitary reasons each bath bomb is individually wrapped, because no one other than you should ever touch your bath bomb. The most interesting part is that many of her products are zombie-inspired such as the apple-scented Brain Soap ($2.50), neapolitan ice-cream-scented Human Heart Bath Bomb ($10), watermelon Scented Flesh Soap ($5), Brain Bombs ($2.75) which come in Cotton Candy, Bubble Gum, and Chocolate Mint, and the Zomb-bear Zombomb ($3) a zombie teddy bear which as it fizzes, leaves a little trail of “blood” in your water. She even carries a line of  four different zombie t-shirts ($18 each).

chai

A few weeks later I went back to the market and picked up two bath bombs for $8 otherwise they are $5 each. I got the Chai Tea Zombomb and the Pina Colada Zombomb. So far I have used the Chai Tea Zombomb and loved it! It was super fizzy and smelled so much like chai tea that it made me want to drink the bathwater. No bath ring afterwards and my skin felt so soft and smelled great!

I also tried the Wasabi Bath Salts ($5.29). Before smelling them I was very skeptical – did I want to smell like Japanese horseradish? Thank goodness they don’t smell like that at all. It is hard to describe how they smell – I think a tiny bit sweet like candy and a hint of floral. You really have to smell them yourself. Today I woke up with a sore ear and throat on the left side so a bath was very appealing to me. I threw in the bag of salts and soaked for about 20 minutes. Afterwards I felt better! I decided to go on Zombomb’s website to check out the description behind these salts and found this: “The Wasabi Bath Salts contain Epsom salts for relieving aching muscles and internal rebalancing, and a specific blend of essential oils to loosen phlegm, sooth nerves, and stimulate pain relief.” Well they worked ’cause I do feel better! 😀

photo-22I couldn’t resist the Gangrene Flesh Soap. There was only one left so I scooped it up for $5. I never use soap due to it drying out my skin but this soap was different. It lathered so nicely, was very moisturizing and the smell was divine – green apple goodness!

So do yourself a favour and check Zombomb out at www.zombomb.ca. Until October 3, 2013 you can check out her booth Wednesdays from 4pm-8pm at The Baseline Farmer’s Market in St. Albert or until October 19th, 2013 you can visit her booth Saturdays and Sundays from 10am-4pm at the South Common Farmer’s Market in Edmonton. Zombomb products are also carried at two stores – Sanctuary Curio Shoppe  in Edmonton and Seasons Gift Shop in St. Albert. Zombomb is also on Facebook and Twitter.

Zombomb Page

Clockwise from top left :  Brain Soap ($2.50), Human Heart Bath Bomb ($10),  Zomb-bear Zombomb ($3), zombie t-shirt ($18), and Scented Flesh Soap ($5)

Which product do you think you’ll try? My favourite so far is the Gangrene Flesh Soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.