There are many different make-up looks this spring and summer. Some of them I'm not sure I would try (colour blocking), other than for modelling but many are easy and wearable and won't leave you looking like a clown at your workplace.
1. Colour BlockingThe trend of colour blocking continues even on the face. This is a look that can go too 80s in my opinion if you do your whole face. To give a nod to this trend, just do the colour blocking on your eyes and keep the rest of your face simple - a bit of blush and nude lipstick.
2. OrangePantone's Tangerine Tango has even made it into make-up for spring/summer! Sephora has teamed up with Pantone to create various orange make-up products. Because I love orange so very much I must elaborate!
The lip collection includes a set of four shades of liquid lip gloss in colours Luminous, Vivid, Glaze and Opal. Luminous is a semi-sheer bright orange with shimmer.Vivid is a bright orange opaque. Glaze is a soft peach shade with shimmer. And Opal is a translucent shade of apricot (more orange-red than Glaze). This collection also includes a Tangerine Tango crème lipstick.
For eyes, Sephora also introduced a Tangerine Tango eye shadow quad of powder shadows that can be used wet or dry and Tangerine Tango Twist eyeliner.
And for the face, the Tangerine Tango prisma chrome blush has a warm colour and luminous sheen that will impart your cheeks with a soft glow. There’s also a blush duo with two complementary colours.
3. Red LipsWinter, Spring, summer or Fall red lips are here to stay. Any colour is up to you from coral reds to wine reds - anything goes this Spring/Summer. Surprisingly, red lips is a look anyone can pull off. Fair skinned gals look best in coral-reds, medium complexions wear pinky/cranberry shades, while dark skinned gals will look best in dark, rich colours such as burgandy or warm brick.
4. 60s Inspired Cat EyesWe probably have Mad Men to thank for this trend that keeps going into Spring/Summer. You can stick with the tried and true liquid black eyeliner for this look. Or to make it more modern, why not try a coloured liner or one with glitter in it?
5. Navy EyeshadowInstead of the usual brown or black smoky eye, navy was where it was at on the runway. This would be a look best suited for evening. And once again keep the rest of your make-up simple.
6. Silver EyeshadowFresh and light, this is a look that pretty much anyone can pull off. Younger women can do a more metallic eye and wash the colour all over the lid. Older women can use a more matte eyeshadow and just use it as more of a highlighter on the brow bone so you don't accent those dreaded wrinkles.
7. Sun-kissed Skin