Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, November 17, 2016

My Favourite Five

People make lists of the top things they’d want to have with them if stranded on a deserted island. Personally I would just want one thing – piƱa colada a yacht. Yes, you could say I missed the entire point of the exercise and you’d most likely be right. I’m also not good at the whole “choose a number from one to ten” to let a doctor know how much pain I’m in.

This is a place I can be myself so here is a list of five products I love and use most everyday. Some of them are old and some new. I’m pretty finicky so I hope you find something you will like. And no I’m not being paid by anyone to endorse these products. I’m just a gal who likes to help others save money and time by getting straight to the good stuff.

In no particular order…

1. Paula’s Choice Lip & Body Treatment Balm
 

 

At first I thought, “$10.95 for a lip balm?” – yes I’m that cheap. *hanging head in shame* Then I read the reviews including one reviewer from Canada saying how great it was and that this is the first winter her lips haven’t been dry. I really hate my dry lips so I ordered it. When it arrived I was shocked as to how big the product was. I tried it and haven’t looked back. This is simply the best solution to chapped lips I have ever tried. I put it on at bedtime and once during the day and I’m good. Plus you can use it for dry elbows, feet, cuticles, and hands. You can order this product here.

2. L’Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain
 

 

I saw a review on a blog talking about this product being a drugstore dupe for YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain. I have never tried YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain (even though I have heard wonderful things about it) because at $39 a gloss my husband would file for divorce if I did. *wink* But for $10 I thought I’d give the L’Oreal gloss a try so I purchased one in Coral Tattoo. It has become my favourite go to lip product! I love the colour, it stays glossy for longer than any other gloss I’ve owned, and when the shine leaves I’m left with stained lips so if I’m stuck without a mirror I can throw on some lip balm and keep enjoying the colour.
3. Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes

 

I am pretty sure that I’m not the only one out there who once in a while becomes too lazy too tired and doesn’t feel like washing her make-up off at night. For the record I do wash my face and do my skin treatments 98% of the time before bed and you really should too. *end of sermon* Anyhow I visited WAL-MART and picked up Simple Cleansing Wipes for $5.99 (they were on sale as they can be up to $9). Now whenever I don’t want to wash my face, I whip out one of these and bam!! my make-up is history. And yes, even my pesky water resistant mascara does not stand a chance. But beware, not all make-up removing wipes are created equally that is why I’m recommending this particular brand. For example, do not waste your money on the Neutrogena wipes as I had to rub way too hard to remove mascara that I ripped out lashes and I still had mascara left on my lashes afterwards.

4. Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen SPF 45
 
 

All the wrinkle creams later on in life will not make as much of a difference as using sunscreen each and every day will. This is simply the best sunscreen I have ever tried. And having red hair and sensitive fair skin, I know about sunscreens! The reasons I like this sunscreen are that it goes on moisturizing and then dries to a non-greasy finish so I don’t feel as if I have an oil slick on my face, it barely has a scent, you get a lot of product, and the price can’t be beat. It sells for $13 a tube, but I get 3 in a package from COSTCO for $20.

5. John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Original Formula
 



I can’t believe that I have never tried Frizz-Ease before! I was cleaning out my closet and came across some samples of this that I got a year ago. I tried it and was hooked the first time. I continued using it every time I washed my hair and now I don’t want to be without it. I never knew my naturally frizzy hair could look so shiny, frizz free, and feel so soft. Just make sure you follow the instructions (less is more) and you shouldn’t have a problem with weighed down greasy looking hair.

Hope you can find something here that will make your life easier – or at least give you an excuse to go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.