So what can a woman do to look her age and even younger?
- Skip the powder. Powder tends to settle into your fine lines and wrinkles, making them more noticeable. Older skin doesn't produce as much oil as younger skin. Plus a matte face looks older than a dewy fresh face.
- Mascara on the upper lashes only. As we get older, dark under eye circles become more noticeable as well as those dreaded crows feet. Also mascara on the lower lashes can smudge and flake off more easily. If you are trying to draw attention away from those areas, then just put mascara on the upper lashes only.
- Purchase under-eye concealer which doesn't settle into wrinkles and skip the powder which can also settle into fine lines.
- No shiny eye shadow. It will amplify every wrinkle on your lids making you look older. Plus it can flake off more easily settling into the fine lines under your eyes making them more noticeable.
- Wear less make up. The term less is more truly applies here. “Less make up is more youthful,” says make up artist and Cover Girl Pro Paul Venoit. “But it doesn't mean no make up. Foundation in particular helps gives the complexion a fresher finish.” Gravitate towards eye shadow in natural colours like browns, and plums. Swear off dark matte lipstick and instead opt for creamy formulas with a satiny finish. And use gloss, since shine makes lips look fuller.
If you still decide you want to look like you're about to star in Cirque De Soleil, know that I will be judging you with this rating: