Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, May 26, 2017

Friday's Faux Paw

I thought I’d give the ladies a break again this week and bring up another faux paw men are guilty of. Some men wear ties often, but many don’t know how to properly wear one. I am lucky not to have to wear one, however I know how a tie should be worn. The faux paws I see are wearing the tie too short and having it hit at your navel or wearing it too long and having it hit near your pelvis. When you wear the tie too short, you look like it shrunk in the wash. When you wear it too long, it looks like you have a second appendage “down there”. Indeed both ways look ridiculous! “As a general rule for all tie knots, the widest part of your tie should hang roughly at the same height as the upper edge of your leather belt, with the tie’s tip extending slightly below it.” according to Tie A Tie and everything else I have read. I won’t even get into the sloppy tie knots I have seen and there is absolutely no excuse for this. Do yourselves a favour men and check out the aforementioned website if you need help. If you don’t learn to tie one on properly then you get this rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.