Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, January 12, 2017

My Husband Is Frickin' Awesome!

My sweetie during his first new year back in 2015. Yes he will be mad at me when he’s older.

Yep, that’s the title my husband gave me when I asked what to call my blog post. Believe me, he actually is more helpful than this – most of the time. 😉

But seriously, in light of the new year I wanted to take a moment to reflect on things. No this isn’t going to be a touchy-feely post but a post about getting real. In reality people make new year’s resolutions and by March (usually a lot sooner) they break them. I don’t think that’s a very good way to start the new year by feeling that you are a failure. As a matter of fact I gave up making new year’s resolutions a long time ago for this reason. Instead I make a vision board with things I’d like to accomplish in the next twelve months. I’m going to explain how I do it so maybe you can do it too!

First off I write a bunch of goals out. Then I grab some magazines and cut out pictures that represent each goal. Then I take a bristol board and write my goals on it. I glue the magazine clippings around it and voila! That’s pretty much it. I have learned it’s better to write down my goals on piece of paper and glue it on instead of writing them directly on the bristol board because then you can rip it off and put a new one on for next year. As you complete each goal check it off. Most importantly be good to yourself and realize that you most likely will not get everything done in the year. For example last year I accomplished ten out of eighteen of my goals. Do I feel bad? Nope. I am happy I am making progress because zero out of eighteen would be worse.

So what are you waiting for? Get started! Tell me how it’s working for you in the comments below.

Have a great 2017 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.