Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, December 08, 2016

How To Save Money While Being Stylish

My family is a single income family, so when I go shopping I want to get the best deals while still looking fabulous. Over the years I have found a few ways of getting great deals on the stuff I want. I’ve decided that you should know too so here are some great ways to save money without sacrificing great style.

Buy Accessories Off Of eBay

If you have read some of my other posts, you will notice that many of my accessories are off of eBay. I always seem to find unique, inexpensive items which I love. A tip is to always look for free shipping. You can find this on many items. For those who are unsure, look for Buy It Now items which you can buy with just a few clicks. For those who are more adventurous like me, try your hand at an auction. This is where I scoop up items for way less such as this necklace for $5.69:

IMG_2298

Shop Against The Season

When it’s fall all the summer clothes are drastically marked down so the store can make room for their fall stock – I mean up to 90% off the original price. This happens every season change. I get some really awesome deals such as this cute top for $10!

325b0b0dc901b5b412d80dc4083ae29a

Subscribe To Store Emails

Like a particular store? Then subscribe to the store’s emails. That way you will be kept in the know of any sales.

Watch An Expensive Item In Hopes Of A Sale

We all have lusted after something that has been more than we are willing to spend. A way of making this dream a reality, is to watch it and wait for it to go on sale. If you have already subscribed to the store’s emails, then you will be ready to pounce when the time is right. I watched this floral Blazer from Ricki’s all season because I didn’t feel like paying $52 for it. And sure enough I snagged it for $10!

ddb92097903ff478c61ff2bfd1d1e108

Wait For Trendy Items To Go On Sale

Certain trends won’t be in style forever ie. camouflage, floral pants, printed denim, and so forth. So when I know something’s a trend, I will spend less on it in order to spend more on a classic piece ie. a pencil skirt, white button down shirt, trench coat, etc. I got this faux fur vest for $15!

Shop Secondhand

Secondhand clothing has gone from having a bad rep to now being a great way to look unique and save a whole pile of money. While I have found some great deals at the Hope Mission Bargain ShoppeValue Village, and Goodwill, I also have found awesome deals at consignment stores such as these never worn rainbow pumps for $30. Check your local area for secondhand stores.

rainbow shoes

Help A Friend

Help your friend clean out and organize her closet. Not only are you helping her out, you might be able to snag some clothes that she no longer wants!

Have A Clothing Swap

For a fun girl’s night in, why not host a clothing swap. Grab some wine or girly drinks and some munchies and get everyone to bring clothes they no longer want. Make sure to invite people that are the same sizes. If two people want a certain article of clothing, get each of them to try it on and have the rest of the ladies vote for who wears it best. The winner gets the item.

Take Clothes To Your Tailor For A Revamp

Sometimes if a piece of clothing was a bit different you would wear it. So if you want that long skirt made shorter or that blazer to have different buttons, get your butt to your tailor. Sometimes giving that piece of clothing a makeover will change it from unwearable into your favourite item.

Hope these suggestions will help you be frugal and fabulous! What are some things you do to save money on style?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.